SEVEN DEADLY SIN
The bold type presents definitions from Webster’s Unabridged Dictionary.
* Have I been so proud that I’ve been scorned (disrespected) as a braggart (bragger)?
* Have I acted prideful, consciously or unconsciously out of fear?
* Have I used pride to justify my excesses in my sex conduct?
* Do I like to feel and act superior to others?
GREED: Excessive desire for acquiring or having; desire for more than one needs or deserves.
* Have I been so greedy that I’ve been or could be labeled a thief?
* Do I long for the possessions of others out of fear of not getting enough?
* Do I let greed masquerade as ambition?
LUST: To feel an intense desire, especially sexual desire; to long: after or for.
* Have I been lustful enough to rape, if not physically what about in my mind?
* Do I fear I will never have the sex relations I need?
* Do I have sex excursions that have been dressed up in dreams or delusions of romance?
ANGER: A strong feeling excited by a real or supposed injury; often accompanied by a desire to take vengeance, or to obtain satisfaction from the offending party; resentment; wrath.
* Have I been angry enough to murder?
* Do I get angry out of fear when my instinctive demands are threatened?
* Have I enjoyed self-righteous anger in the fact that many people annoy me and that makes me superior to them?
* Have I enjoyed gossiping as a polite form of murder by character assassination?
GLUTTONY: One who eats too much. One with a great capacity for something; as, a glutton for work.
* Have I been gluttonous enough to ruin my health?
* Do I grab for everything I can, fearing I’ll never have enough?
* Do I bury myself in my work, hobbies or activities?
ENVY: To resent another for excellence or superiority in any way, and to be desirous of acquiring it.
* Do I agonized over the chronic (persistent or recurring) pain of envy?
* Does seeing the ambitions of others materialize make me fear that mine haven’t?
* Do I suffer from never being satisfied with what I have?
* Have I spent more time wishing for what others have than working towards them?
SLOTH: Disinclination to action or labor; sluggishness; habitual indolence; laziness, idleness; slowness; delay.
* Have I been paralyzed by sloth?
* Do I get alarmed with fear at the prospect of work?
* Do I work hard with no better motive than to be secure and slothful later on?
* Do I loaf and procrastinate?
* Do I work grudgingly and under half steam?